Tuesday, March 18, 2008

artists

I've always dabbled in art in some form. but, for the last 5 years, i've been in a slump. that's when i got into biking. i've ridden in Hawaii with women tours, what a blast that was!!! I've ridden 3 ragbrai's (bike ride across Iowa) with about 15thousand people.yes, 15 thousand. it's a real experience. i've also been in the best shape of my life!!!and i ride in the summer every day, 20 or more miles, plus longer rides on weekends. 50 or 60 miles. but, that leaves me time for little else. so i'm going to try a come to some balance. i've just finished or almost finished this shell mosaic. i've got the legs to go.i need to find some big interesting shells for the arm space. living in iowa, i've got winter to work on my art projects. collages are so much fun. but, mosaics are taking my time up this year. i've been checking out other peoples blogs and am blown away by all the creativity that's out there. i love the internet. i don't have many people to talk art with around here. right now i have SOOOO many ideas in my head and not enough time to do them all.

No comments: