Saturday, July 19, 2008

mosaic marathon





Well, today i rented a huge water saw. I'm doing a cutting marathon. I've got the saw for 2 days. I'm working on a 12" x 26' space in my sun room. I've been putting it off for some years now. But, i took a week off work and I'm going to get that thing done. I've layed out a design or two trying to get the right look.i want it to look kind of natural. Like a photo of a topography of a river.I've got limestone and marble,river rock and tiles in shades of blue, rust and tan. once i get going and i know what i want. it's alot of fun to do,the hard part is doing all this cutting.
i was checking out Sharon's blog, please check out sweet repose. Sharon is writing some beautiful poetry. i can't even write legibly on my blog let alone write poetry.i tried to enter Shelly shell shock in the staff art show. they told me it was objectional subject matter for a hospital environment. It might offend some one. i get so sick of that. Might offend some one. SO WHAT!!!! What ever happened to "If you don't like it don't look at it".

2 comments:

Diane Irvine Armitage said...

What a fabulous project! I took last week off also to work on a mosaic project :-) A great way to spend our summer vacation, right? I can't wait to see your finished floor!

A Wild Thing said...

Me too...can't wait to see it...I just can't wait to drive my old route to Sisters'. She had quite a bit of damage there this morning, alot of trees down including the big old tree on the side of the house (it hit the house). A big display piece blue off of the back porch at Bloom and took the railing with it and broke into a thousand pieces. That was quite a storm, hope you fared OK, lemme know.
sharon