Sunday, July 27, 2008

sunroom mosaic




Wow! i took a week off from work to get this thing done. i did it. i finished yesterday. I still have to grout (just the tile parts). but that won't take long and i think we'll put some sealer over all of it. It will bring out the color of the limestone. I'm real happy with it. i can't seem to find small projects. Next big project, well, let's seeeeeee. The wall above the mosaic needs a touch-up. After a over zealous helper got carried away with mortar, putting the limestone floor in. What a screwed up mess that was. But, the floor some how came out alright.

4 comments:

Nancy at ManicForMosaics said...

Cathie - Thanks for the comment on my blog! I love your sun room mosaic project. I did a mosaic compass in my backyard that I will be posting on mt blog someday soon.

I have no Jethro at my house putting up shelves. I got tired of waiting and did it myself! LOL!

Tinoneetiger said...

Absolutely gorgeous Cathie, I mosaic myself so I can appreciate the creativity, and work that goes into an awesome project of this size. Kudos to you...

A Wild Thing said...

You are so tenacious with your work...I love that about you...always the creator, never afraid to tackle any project, can't wait to see it...will they ever get that damn highway finished...I miss my country roads.

sharon

Diane Irvine Armitage said...

Absolutely fabulous!! I love it! Wow - you got a lot done on your week off! Beautiful work :-)