Sunday, January 18, 2009

Susie in Dominica


My sister "Susie" looks like a peace corp worker in this picture. I have to say, it's one of my favorites. We were actually on a cruise back in the late 70's or early 80's. Dominica Republic was a stop. It was very, very poor. It was before resorts and tourism was taking over everything in site. When we got off the boat, it was afew shacks and public buildings dirt roads and jungle. Little kids everywhere. Cruise ship then and now are at least alittle source of money for the poor folks on those islands. Great picture Susie!!

2 comments:

A Wild Thing said...

Ahhhh...the warmth that exudes from that picture...and of that plants in your house. I know how long it takes to water, I used to have many large plants too. Move out of state sometime, it has a way of culling the crops.

My forty year old split-leaf phyl is now living in the tropics, as I left it behind in Florida. It was doing so well, I hated to bring it back.

My pipes are thawed and I can pee a sigh of relief...ha...it's the little things...right!

Luv ya gal!
s

Gretchen said...

A wonderful photo! (Thanks for visiting my blog, and appreciating the lovely EARTHA as much as I do...)