Wednesday, February 8, 2012

new book





Well, it's not a new book. It's a new book for me. I had been in a creative slump. I'm getting in the groove again. This book is great. It gives you different methods for creating a collage background by laying and layering painting and using different things like stencils and modeling paste, heavy gel, found objects. Here are a couple of my 1st attempts . These are backgrounds only and aren't anything yet. So i know they aren't much yet. I just working on different products and techniques for now. It's fun so far. because it's a lesson for "let it flow" and it doesn't have to be anything. No pressure.

2 comments:

Air Bohemia said...

I love collage, I'm just not made for it, but I love to see other peoples work and you are so good at it, can't wait to see what you come up with!

I know what you mean about a slump, all I do is make soap and groom dogs...oh, and hunt for zombies on pinterest...hey, it's winter, nuthin else to do...right!

Luv ya lil sis!

s

Laura Rodgers said...

vercool! I need to venture out into something like this. I have been doing steampunk jewelry and someone said I should collage them on the wall. Might check out the book. sure wish I had more time!