Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's set!

Well, the down payment is made and i still have to let it sink in. "I'm going" It's so surreal. The training begins now. We're heading out may 21 thru the 29th. I hear it a very spiritual experience. Probably the coca leaves they give you to chew. ( for altitude sickness)and the lack of air. Let me talk to my spirit guides. Bill and i are so excited ,we can't talk about anything else. They will have oxygen tanks on hand for those that feel the need. That makes me feel better. Porters carry all our stuff, cook all the food, supply coca leaves, set up our tents and take them down. So, all we have to worry about is WALKING. Maybe see lake Titicaca, We'll explore Cuzco and markets. Somebody pinch me!! Bill and i got together thru our love of travel. 25 years ago, we knew each other 5 months when both quit our jobs and backpacked Europe for month and ahalf. We had eurail passes and we went everywhere, Germany, France, Italy, Austria, Holland,we had a blast, and we didn't kill each other. We've been traveling ever since, when time and money allows. Bill and i always have just grabbed a "Let's Go" or "frommers" travel guides and Just wing it. No tour guide for us. It's all the interesting folks we meet along the way that makes the trip. We've also learned from our mistakes. Not All people are nice. But, most people are.

3 comments:

A Wild Thing said...

You two were just meant to be, I can't imagine you traveling the globe with anyone else...and your guides will be with you in this spiritual realm you'll be wondering. Glad to hear you will have the oxygen, the high country always bothered Piper when we lived in Colo., damned asthma!!! but I'm sure you'll be fine if you can come down out of the clouds. I just knew you would go, I think it's your next step into the spirituality that you hold so dear...be one with the Incas and fly free my friends, you will be at the top of the world!

Can't wait to see all of the photos!...you lucky lil' shit!

s

lsg said...

And the swimming begins. I will meet you there on the at about 11:15 after my Bible study class. But I hope I'll see you sooner I got a little orphan doll I found for you in Chicaco Laura

Chris Allsop said...

Saw your comment on my blog and thanks for having a look. Glad to hear you're going, it's a truly incredible experience. Good luck!