Monday, August 17, 2009

"New plant"







When i lost my little buddy Jimi, i decided to buy a new plant in honor of him. I came home with this beautiful "White cactus orchid". With hopes i can keep it alive. It seems to be taking off. Just look at the huge bloom i got off it. More are on the way. It's not really in the orchid family, so that's probably why i can grow it. It's more like a christmas cactus. It was love at first site. The blooms are fleeting. They come out at night and fill the house with the most beautiful fragrance. Then gone by morning. But, well worth the wait.

4 comments:

kartika said...

Hey Cathy, your plant is incredible - love the blooming flower! How are you doing - I know you must be really missing Jimi - I think our pets stay with us in some way though when we get so closely bonded - thanks for staying in touch - I will post one of my new mixed media pieces and some art by an artist I recently found - I love her work and think you will too!

A Wild Thing said...

Hey girl, love the cactus, they are one of my faves to grow, I have the regular fuchsia colored one, but I love it when it blooms...but no smell...I'll have to ask my lil' friend Cathie for a wee start, I've never seen this one before...have you ever had a blooming mother-in-law's tongue...what a fragrance, smells just like night blooming jasmine, to which I had blooming outside my bedroom window in Florida...sigh...

See ya...s

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

It's a special flower, for a special gal. Happy White Wednesday



cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com

kartika said...

I'be been thinking of you, Cathy, and hope you're feeling better! Hugs! Kartika