Sunday, August 9, 2009

on top of the world


Hey barb, take alook at the ladder bill bought from you. Acouple of months ago, bill picked up a floor jack and an old orchard ladder. The ladder needed alittle fixing. It looked like it had been in a grass fire. Bill dug thru all the wood he has squirreled away and voila it is good as new. He had a blast repairing it. Now he told me to tell barb he's coming to get the other one and another jack if you still have them. Barbs antique store simply iowa is a treat to go thru. you never know what might turn up. I had'nt seen bill so tickled about something for awhile. So, look out here we come.

4 comments:

Simply Iowa said...

What a wonderful image! {at first I thought how cool is that! Then I thought, Yikes! I don't climb that high!} The other ladder is still here, and it has Bill's name on it!
I bought a book for John, when I was in N.C. It's called "Ghost Dogs of the South", He's already read the entire book, and really liked it. As time has it's way of healing, the good memories stay there, in your heart, and gently mend that open wound...
When our old Sheperd, Molly, passed away, my daughter was besided herself, she asked, " what is that verse you always tell me, when I have loss?" I said, "it's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all"...
She came home with that tatoo'ed on her wrists...{if I had only known, I might have had a memory loss!} Oh well, she loved her dearly, and also had 'Molly' and a cool collar, put on her side.
As painful as loosing can be, thank God we can love so, there are a lot of people who have never experienced that kind of devotion...
Barb C.

A Wild Thing said...

I would've loved to seen Barb driving home with those ladders hanging out the back of her lil' truck...

Now this proves it...Bill's gone 'round the bend...fun shot of this crazy ol' boy...

See ya Wed...I'm anxious to see the building and watch it's progress.

Lori R. said...

Like the ladder, scared of heights so I wouldn't be on it... LOVE the lilies in the pic on the side,,,that's what caught my eye!!! they are beautiful and HUGE!!!Always glad to see another lily lovers' lilies!!! (say that 3 times)

Laura Rodgers said...

Rainbow bridge.. did you ever read it .. it's a pet poem if not google it.
LOVE the photo! Love the ladder ! I always wanted a small orchard ladder. Bill looks overjoyed! One of my favorite photos is of my daughter Melanie reaching for a sunflower on a ladder when she was quite small. It's on one of my older posts.