Sunday, March 14, 2010

Terrariums, a new passion?



I've always been fascinated with terrariums. I've always wanted to get one going, but, So many things so little time. I picked up a new book by tovah martin called "The new terrarium" It got me in the plants under glass mode. Then i found a web site called black jungle terrariums and i was blown away. It's not the terrariums of the funky hippy 70's. This is a new wave of terrariums and vivariums. It's like having a enclosed rain forest in your house. It has really fired me up. But, I'm starting out small and if i can find success with my 2 small ones. I'll venture into the big awesome rain forest creation. Now when ever i go out junking or antiquing, I'm looking for things i can turn into a glass plant house.

3 comments:

Gary said...

cc, Now there is something I have not thought about in years(ok, decades ...)Hope you post your progress, after having read your other post I am sure it want be just a terrariums but a true work of art. - G

Lori R. said...

Cathie,,,, that site is unbelievable!!! How about a few poison dart frogs too!!! they sure would add some color, just don't touch them!!!
C-thanks for your words, I have dropped the issue and moved on, just like you all suggested...
later friend...

the Black Purl said...

I went through rather an obsession with terrariums about two years ago, and since I have tried various times to make simple terrariums. I have failed every time, and my most recent one was knocked off of a too-narrow window sill. I will, however, persist!